Thursday, September 22, 2005

SNAKES&LADDERS

SNAKES
That’s just about it - A great big game of snakes and ladders. I’ve always noticed (and maybe it’s just when I play the game) that I never get any ladders to climb up. Always looking around and people seem to have head start here or a head start there, or a wee boost in the right direction. I’m one of those people who could sit here for hours telling you about how I’ve always played fairly, moving on square by square, not climbing many (if any) ladders, but always landing on the snake and ending up on my backside at the bottom. Yeah, you got it, that’s my *feeling sorry for myself* story of the day.
LADDERS

That’s not the end of the story though, because as I sat here thinking about how I always ended up on the snake, I snapped back into reality. I realised that not so long ago (in the grand scheme of it all) I started off on the biggest ladder of them all. I’ve been standing a few rungs up on this ladder, totally unaware that’s it’s there, under my feet whenever I wanna move, and get closer. The problem is, we can so often fail to see that we’re on a ladder we can climb up, (it’s like not noticing someone owes you rend in Monopoly).

You see, that ladder has been provided by the faithful Lord Jesus Christ. It is the answer to all of our prayers of always sliding back down those snakes. He doesn’t take away the snakes, and in actual fact often there will be more, but what He does do, is provide us with the ladder when it’s needed and when His purposes are accomplished in situations. The scripture, ask and it shall be given unto you springs to mind. Yeh, so go on, ask for that ladder you’re in need of, ask for that assurance of salvation, ask for a personal friend and Saviour – He’s there: - ask Him now.


This started off as a personal, hurting post, but you know what, that’s not what it’s all about. I’m glad it didn’t end up that way.
Peace Out.


No comments: